Thursday, February 5, 2009

Finally!!

I've been wanting to start a blog for quite some time now and I'm glad I finally have the time to do it. Which is kind of silly because I haven't had to work for 3 months, and now that I'm working again, graveyards nonetheless, I seem to have found the time. I'm a dork, I know. So I'll introduce everyone to my wonderful husband Daniel.

Daniel was born in Ontario, Canada, but spent the last 18 or so years in Hawaii. He's been doing so great with the Utah weather. He went to Boise, Idaho on his mission so he was somewhat used to the cold weather. I'm just glad that this January wasn't as cold as it usually is.

Daniel graduated from BYU-Hawaii with a Bachelors in Computer Science, and was able to find a job he loves here in Utah County. He gets along with everyone he works with, and we finally got my minifridge out of my parents house and put it in his cubicle at work. And when I say WE, I mean him. I had nothing to do with that. I was stuck in a classroom. And my minifridge wasn't really mini. It was a pretty good size.

Daniel likes playing video games. He gets rather competitive sometimes, which is why we can't play against each other. We have to be on the same team. We pretty much rock at Rock Band. We haven't been playing it as often as we did in the summer. I blame all the amazing T.V. shows that are on in the Fall and Spring.

I've been playing hockey for roughly 4 years, and it's been amazing. I tell everyone they should play, but they all say no because they can't skate. Don't let that stop you! It's so good for you. Not only does ice skating work every muscle in your body, it's just fun! It improves your hand-eye coordination, you get to take people out, and just have fun being on a team. And it's a challenge! Learning how to stick handle, puck handle, skate, it's been amazing. I was very blessed with my coaches up in Logan. Playing in Provo has been a little more challenging for me, but I just love to play.

Daniel and I have been married for nearly 8 months. It feels longer, just because it just feels like I've known him my entire life. I was at a hockey tournament when I first realized that I was going to marry him. It scared the poop out of me, but . . . I knew the spirit was right. Daniel is an amazing man, whom I love more than anything.

We have a little dog named Petra, after our favorite girl character in our favorite book, Ender's Game. If you haven't read it . . . read it. It's so good. Anyway, we got Petra from Lost Paws Shelter, she was a challenge at first. We're assuming some bad things happened, she had terrible anxiety, and we had to potty train her, even though she was over 5 years old. Her last owner didn't train her at all. She's been wonderful though, and I love her.

Anyways, that's us.

I'll try and get some pictures up here. But all I have of us is our wedding photos. Daniel's camera shy and I have to sneak pictures of him . . . I'm not very good.

1 comment:

Taylor Fam said...

I'm so excited you're a part of the blogging world! You'll have to add me and Kris as some of you're favorite blogs! I found Andrea what's her faces blog the other day just looking through Toni Shumways links! Well, welcome and I can't wait to see what kind of fun things you put in your blog. I love the background!